PAL Members' Listserv/Forum
Click here to join our regional PAL Members Google Group and connect with other published authors in the region! Once your membership is approved, you can access the group via email or the web forum.
Author's Book Club (ABC) Events
Our region holds ABC Events for author or illustrator members to speak about a recently published work to SCBWI members. ABC events typically last 1-2 hours, with refreshments and time to socialize. Typically these events are held at a library or bookstore, and include a chance to sign and sell books. You will receive a small honorarium for presenting.
Topics to consider:
- An aspect of craft that you learned about or focused on during this project.
- Your experience in the business (getting an agent, the editorial process, launch activities)
- Creating a school visit
- Your inspiration and creative process (any local roots?)
- Anything else you think would be helpful to members, both published and not.
- See a list of past events to give you more ideas.
Interested in presenting an ABC Event? Fill out this form to get started!
PAL Member Coordinator
Got ideas for PAL member programming? Want to find better ways to connect with other authors in the region? Contact our PAL Coordinator, Veronica Bartles.
Current PAL Member Coordinator Projects:
- Create a directory of PAL members for schools, libraries and others to access online.
- Coordinate a "Read Local" project featuring PAL Members.
- Coordinate programming of interest to PAL members at regional conferences.
- Cooridinate PAL Member Meetups.